All Inclusive Programs:
Magellan programs are based on the successful formula of including activities and excursions in the program price. This helps to create a cohesive group experience so that students do not need to worry about what activities they can afford to participate in. Parents love this formula, knowing that their students don't need to manage a budget in a foreign currency. This is what you can expect from our peace of mind approach.
Before the Program
• Program advising with an assigned Program Coordinator (knowledgeable of your destination)
• References available from alumni/past participants and parents
• A constant connection with our office with questions answered in a timely manner
• All interaction can take place in both English or Spanish
• Cancellation insurance is activated at the time of enrollment - protecting all your payments
• Pre-departure newsletters and updates
• Study Abroad handbook/Orientation material shipped to you one month prior to departure
• The possibility to join a chaperoned flight on your way to Europe and all flight advising
• A flexible calendar of payments with last payment accepted up to 20 days prior to departure
• Annual scholarship program accessible to motivated high school students nationwide
During the Program
• Program orientation upon arrival
• School fees and books
• On-site Program Director & Teacher Chaperone (with 24/7 hour cell phone access)
• Carefully selected and screened homestay families with full board
• Program blog from the road for family and friends to follow along
• Unique travel itinerary following homestay
• Regional travel costs: bus, train or plane
• Combination of native teachers and American staff to supervise non-academic activities
• Daily pre-planned excursions, museum visits, activities, and art workshops
• Cultural events and outings
• Planned activities with local teens in a supervised environment at summer Community Center
• Medical, Baggage and Travel Interruption insurance
What is NOT included?
Our programs are all inclusive so students don’t have to worry about the eventual cost of optional excursions/activities. The amount of money participants should bring for their
time abroad can be limited (less than $100/week).
Why is airfare never included for immersion programs abroad?
Students enroll in Magellan Study Abroad programs from all over the country. This wide variety of origin points leaves us unable to secure group fares for our participants. Additionally, since purchasing your airfare a long time in advance never guarantees you the best price, we suggest to wait until airlines usually publish their summer schedule (typically around February) to get a more accurate price reflecting accurate demand.
This is the time that we share with parents the information of which flights our chaperons will travel. Students have the liberty to be on these chaperoned flights or to travel independently. An additional benefit over the years is that students have been able to travel on tickets redeemed with miles or points that a parent or relative was able to redeem for them (saving extra money in the process.) This is an option you may want to explore.
What is FLEX arrival?
When booking summer travel airfare can change dramatically by shifting your dates of travel by one day. Now, you have the option to book the flight you wish, as Magellan staff will available on the ground up to 24 hours before the set arrival date of the rest of the group. In Spain and France, the "Meet and Greet" service is available for a supplement of $. Ask your Program Coordinator for more details if you are interested in this option.